Building your career at MGECOM affords you the freedom of telecommuting from your home while working with a virtual team of affiliate marketing professionals that live across the country. Our dedicated team is active in the affiliate community, have built rewarding relationships with affiliates and are always thinking of new ways to grow their client’s affiliate programs.
Senior Business Development Consultant
Vice President of Business Development and Marketing
1. Thoroughly review this position description and browse our website to learn more about us.
2. MOST IMPORTANT: Write a relevant cover letter specific to this opportunity. Please do not simply forward us your resume! We want to know about your knowledge, experience, and passion for selling. We also want to hear explicitly how you are qualified be our next Biz Dev Super Star. Don’t be shy – tell us about yourself and why you are the best person to join the MGECOM Biz Dev team.
**Show us that you can sell.**
Send your resume and awesomely relevant cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and the relevant hiring manager.
The Senior Business Development Consultant secures new business for MGECOM, Inc. via a sales process that is predominantly telephone and internet based, with occasional face to face selling and trade shows. Target audience is large online merchants that would benefit from MGECOM’s industry leading affiliate program management services.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success utilizing a consultative selling process to identify, recruit and close deals for an online advertising or marketing service offering. Prior success selling affiliate marketing management services to IR Top 500 and Fortune 500 companies is a big plus. This role requires a natural closer with an aggressive, hunter mentality, impeccable ethics, and entrepreneurial drive. A strong rolodex of merchant contacts is a plus. Must be able to work independently in a virtual work setting and have an appropriate location from which to work. There is no geographic preference for the work location.
Areas of Responsibility
- Build and nurture an effective sales pipeline
- Identify and engage the proper contact within each prospective client organization
- Understand the prospect’s business model, marketing strategy, and challenges
- Present MGECOM and how our services solve problems and provide gain for the prospects
- Develop custom, mutually beneficial proposals
- Negotiate agreement details and follow up to ensure agreements are executed properly
- Maintain records of all leads in every stage of the sales process in CRM system
- Report weekly to the Vice President of Business Development and Marketing on progress
Prior success in development of new business, preferably B2B marketing/advertising services
- Ability to develop a business case and communicate persuasively to executives
- Extreme confidence in your own abilities
- Comfort selling to C-level executives and business owners
- Passion for technology and the internet
- Drive and ability to work efficiently with limited supervision
- A clean, professional communication style
- A business degree preferred, MBA a big plus
- Familiarity with our service/industry is not required, but preferred
Occasional travel may be required, as necessary, throughout the business development process. Attendance at annual conferences in locations such as Las Vegas, Chicago, New York, Santa Barbara, and Boston is possible. Overall travel will generally be less than 5%.
This is an independent contractor position with compensation based heavily on a very generous commission schedule. The right candidate will be highly motivated to earn a large personal income via sales commissions. There is no cap to potential earnings and $100k, or more, in the first year is very realistic.
About MGECOM, Inc.
MGECOM, Inc. is a top tier internet marketing agency located in Cary, NC. We focus on a very specialized niche of online marketing known as affiliate marketing. We work with our clients on an outsourced basis to provide services which are more efficiently and effectively outsources to a affiliate program management specialist agency. Our clients are located across the US and abroad, and range from small shops to large, multi-national companies. We pride ourselves on providing customized solutions for each client, paying close attention to detail, and creating significant value for every client. For more information, please visit www.mgecom.com.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and the relevant hiring manager.