Building your career at MGECOM affords you the freedom of telecommuting from your home while working with a team of real affiliate marketing professionals, who live across the country. The MGECOM team is active in the affiliate community, having built strong relationships with industry affiliates over the past 11 years. We employ customized strategies to build successful campaigns, and are always on the forefront of discovering new measures to grow our client’s affiliate programs.
Senior Business Development Consultant
CEO/Owner of MGECOM
Create a relevant cover letter specific to this opportunity. Please display your knowledge, experience, and passion for selling, as well as, your particular qualifications and eagerness for becoming our next Business Development consultant.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line: Applicant for Bus Dev consultant. Please allow 2 business days for a response, before following up.
The Senior Business Development Consultant secures new client contracts for MGECOM, Inc., via a sales process which is predominantly telephone and internet based, with opportunities for occasional face to face selling and trade show appearances. Our target clients are large online merchants that would benefit from MGECOM’s industry leading affiliate program management services.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success utilizing a selling process to identify, recruit and close deals for an online advertising or marketing service agency. Prior success selling affiliate marketing management services to IR Top 500 and Fortune 500 companies is desirable. This role requires a natural closer with impeccable ethics, and entrepreneurial drive, who is extremely self-motivated. A strong Rolodex of merchant contacts is a plus, but not required. Must be able to work independently in a virtual work setting and have an appropriate location from which to work. All U.S. based locations accepted.
Areas of Responsibility
- Build and execute an effective sales pipeline
- Identify and connect with the proper contact within each prospective client organization
- Understand the prospect’s business model, marketing strategy, and challenges
- Present MGECOM and effectively communicate our services and their value to the prospect
- Develop custom, mutually beneficial proposals
- Negotiate agreement details and follow up to ensure agreements are executed properly
- Maintain records of all leads in every stage of the sales process in CRM system
- Report progress, weekly, to the CEO/Owner of MGECOM
Prior success in development of new business contracts, preferably B2B marketing/advertising services. Specific experience in Affiliate Program Management sales desirable.
- • Ability to develop a business case and communicate persuasively to C-level executives
- Extreme confidence in your own abilities
- Passion for technology and the internet
- Drive and ability to work efficiently with limited supervision
- A clean, professional communication style
- A business degree preferred, MBA a plus
- Familiarity with our service/industry is not required, but highly preferred
Occasional travel may be required, as necessary, throughout the business development process. Attendance at annual conferences in locations such as Las Vegas, Chicago, New York, Santa Barbara, and Boston are possible. Overall travel will generally be less than 5%.
This is an independent contractor position with compensation based heavily on a very generous commission schedule. The right candidate will be highly motivated to earn a large personal income via sales commissions. There is no cap to potential earnings and $100k, or more, in the first year, is very realistic.
About MGECOM, Inc.
MGECOM, Inc. is a top tier internet marketing agency located in Cary, NC. We focus on a very specialized niche of online marketing known as affiliate marketing. Our services are rendered on an outsourced basis, with the goal of achieving efficiency and extreme growth for each client’s affiliate marketing program. Our clients are located across the US and abroad, and range in size from small online shops to large, multi-national corporations. We pride ourselves on producing customized solutions for each client, paying close attention to detail, and creating significant value for every client. For more information, please visit www.mgecom.com.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.